BHIM is a Mobile app which helps you make quick and easy money transactions using UPI (Unified Payments Interface). It was launched by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on 30th December 2016. The main intention of this BHIM app is to facilitate e-payments directly through banks and also to drive us towards cashless transactions. Download BHIM app, so that you can send or receive money to other UPI payment addresses or account number with IFSC Code / MMID code or scanning QR code. Want to know more about BHIM app? Then, Scroll down…
What is BHIM APP?
BHIM full form is Bharat Interface for Money. It was developed by NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) based on the UPI. It was named after Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar. This app allows real-time fund transfer using your mobile number or Virtual Payment Address (VPA). You can make instant bank-to-bank payments and Pay & Collect money using these identities. You can use this BHIM aap on all devices or handsets with iOS & Android OS version 4 and above. Check the features and benefits of this app from below sections and use BHIM app download links on this page.
|File Name:||BHIM App|
|Version:||Latest Version (1.6.2)|
|File Size:||2 MB|
|Requirements:||Android 4.2 and above|
|Updated on:||17th Dec 2018|
|Offered by:||NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India)|
Features of BHIM App
- Send Money: With this feature, you can send money using a VPA (Virtual Payment Address), IFSC & Account Number, QR Code or Aadhaar Number. You can also transfer money using Mobile Number which should be registered with BHIM or *99# and also the bank account should be linked to that number.
- Request Money: You can collect or request for money by entering the VPA.
- Scan and Pay: It allows you to pay the amount by scanning the QR code through Scan & Pay option. You can also generate your QR.
- Transactions: With this feature, you can check transaction history and pending UPI collect requests. You can approve or reject those requests. Also, if there are any declined transactions, you can raise complaints by clicking on Report issue through this feature.
- Profile: Here in this profile you can see the static QR code and Payment addresses created. You can also share that QR code through WhatsApp, Email, or other messenger applications.
- Bank Account: With this feature in BHIM app, you can see your bank account linked to that app. You can set or change the UPI PIN. In the menu, there will be a ‘Change account’ option which allows you to change the bank account that linked with BHIM aap. Also, on clicking “REQUEST BALANCE”, you can check your linked bank account balance.
- Language: It supports up to 8 regional languages (Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Tamil, Telugu).
- Block User: If anyone is sending collect requests from illicit sources, you can block or spam those users who are sending.
- Privacy: If a secondary VPA is created, then it allows a user to enable or disable mobilenumber@upi in the profile. Also, the QR for the disabled VPA (Virtual Payment Address) is also disabled.
How to install / How to use BHIM app on Android?
- Download the BHIM app from this page.
- Go to the file manager on your Android or iOS Mobile.
- Open the app and install it.
- Wait till the installation completes and open the app after installation.
- Select the language you prefer.
- Select the SIM card that has the mobile number registered with the bank.
- Now, set the passcode which is required to enter into the BHIM app.
- Using bank account option, link your bank accounts.
- By providing the last 6 digits of your debit card and expiry date of the card, set your UPI PIN number.
- You can create another VPA in the profile section. The default VPA will be mobilenumber@upi (for eg: 912345670@upi). This is the optional step which you may or may not follow. Remember that the VPAs are allowed per user one is mobilenumber@upi and other is name@upi.
- Now, set one VPA as a primary or default VPA which should be easy to share with others.
- To send money, click on send and enter the VPA/Account number + Aadhaar number/IFSC. You can also use the Scan or pay option of the person to whom you want to transfer money.
- Enter the UPI pin to authenticate the transaction.
- Finally, to check the transaction status, check the transaction history.
To know more about the use of BHIM UPI app, check BHIM APK.
How to install BHIM app for iOS?
- Download the BHIM app for iOS from the link below.
- You can also download it from the App Store.
- Click on install.
- After installation, click on open and use the BHIM UPI app on iOS.
To know how to use BHIM for iOS, check How to install and use BHIM app for iOS.
How to install BHIM app for PC Windows?
- There is no direct BHIM app to install on PC.
- So, first, you need to download Bluestacks software on PC.
- Search for BHIM app and click on Google play store icon.
- Lookup for BHIM UPI app in that play store.
- Click on install button and install BHIM for PC.
- Open that app from the Bluestacks and use it.
If you don’t know how to use BHIM on PC, check How to use BHIM for PC.
Check, How to Use BHIM App to Send/ Receive Money.
BHIM App Download
Here you can Download BHIM app for Android, iOS, and PC Windows. Also, check what are the banks BHIM supports and what’s new in that app.